DFG Research Projects
The Obama Institute for Transnational American Studies conducts numerous research projects funded by the German Research Foundation (Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft–DFG). Our staff has been successful in receiving funding offered in the following DFG programs: individual grants program, the program of international scientific networks for young researchers, research fellowships to promote highly qualified young researchers, interdisciplinary research units, and interdisciplinary research training groups to promote young researchers.
Current DFG Research Projects
- SFB 1482: Humandifferenzierung
- GRK 2015: Life Sciences – Life Writing
- Periodicals and Indigenous Modernity: Building a Text Corpus of American Indian Magazines, 1890-1930
Past DFG Research Projects
- Between Authenticity and the Market
- Biopolitics and Native American Life Writing
- Body and Metaphor in Medical Humanities
- Cultural Performance in Transnational American Studies
- Early American Short Narratives
- Life Writing in Early American Periodical
- Pedagogical Writing and Social Practice in the Age of American Romanticism
- Un/doing Differences. Praktiken der Humandifferenzierung
In the context of our research fields we aim to create international networks of young as well as senior researchers and to strengthen the ties to the international research community.